There is no denying that teething is normal, but it is commonly observed that it may turn out to be a painful experience for infants and toddlers. As a result of this, teething babies usually fuss, cry, scream and in severe cases, may keep you up all night long. This can start from 3 months and can go on until your child turns two years old. Having said that, you need not worry because your child won't be teething this entire time. The entire situation usually goes on and off. Many infants go through this smoothly, but for many, this could turn out to be much more painful. To counter this problem, many people resort to giving their infants teething tablets. To be fair, there are conflicting opinions about such medicines. Let us find out how these tabs work and are they helpful or not. Lets review what are teething tablets and how are they useful in oral care.
What are teething tablets:
The tablets date back more than a century. These are homeopathic medicine, which can easily get dissolved in your toddler's mouth, or you can simply mix it with their food. The plus side is that these medicines do not contain any artificial flavors, food colors, synthetic dyes, etc.
Following are the ingredients found in these medicines.
- Calcarea phosphorica
- Calcarea cruda
- Coffea cruda
- Ferrum phosphoricum
- Calcarea carbonica
- Arnica montana
Apart from this, many companies manufacture,,otherNon-reactionary teething gels which can be applied directly to baby gums.
This leads us to our next question, are tablets safe for consumption?
The fact of the matter is that there are no teething tablets that are approved by any drug regulatory authority at the moment. Instead, several drug regulatory authorities have released warnings time and again about certain ingredients present in teething tablets that may prove to be harmful to infants. For instance, the presence of ingredients such as belladonna may pose a unècessary threat to a child's health. But, the presence of this ingredient is not found in all of the teething medicines.
One may ask, are teething tablets effective? Well, there is no case study or research as of now which would determine whether the teething tablets are effective or not. But, it is safe to say that certain ingredients found in teething medicines are known to have soothing effects in babies going through the process of teething. Also, many parents report that their babies felt relieved after they used teething tablets. But, it is to keep in mind that a parent's reported effectiveness holds no value in the medical realm and is way different from medical recommendations. This is why you should always consult your doctor before you give it to your son.
What are teething tablets and how are they useful in oral care
Having said all that, many companies manufacture teething medicines. Following are some of the best teething tablets, which may relieve your child of the pain.
Hyland's Baby Day & Night Oral Pain Relief Tablets Bundle with Chamomilla, Soothing Natural Relief of Oral Discomfort, Irritability, and Swelling, 250 Count:
- Discomfort & Irritation: With its unique formula, this teething medicine naturally relieves your child from oral pain, oral discomfort such as swelling gums, sleeplessness, etc.
- Easy to intake: These teething tablets are easy to intake and are readily soluble. These tablets get dissolved real quickly as soon as it enters your baby's mouth. You just need to put it under your baby's tongue and the tablet will dissolve automatically. Also, these tablets do not require water to dissolve.
- Safe to use: These homeopathic teething tablets are safe to use for children under two years and do not contain any toxic ingredients. These teething tablets can also be taken with other medicines. These tablets have no known drug interactions and are completely safe to use alongside other medicines. Just to be on the safe side, make sure there is a 15 minutes intake gap between teething tablets and other medicines
- Made with natural active ingredients derived from plants and minerals.
- Safe to use
- FDA approved
- Safe to use with other medicines
- Not any
Boiron Camilia, Doses, Homeopathic Medicine for Teething Relief Natural - 30 Count:
- Pain relief: This teething medicine consists of liquid doses and is quite effective in relieving pain temporarily, swelling and bruising symptoms. They also provide relief in cases of painful gums, irritation and several others minor digestive disorders which are related to teething.
- Non reactionary: One thing which makes it stand out from its counterparts is the fact that no known interaction with other medications, it is not contraindicated with pre-existing conditions, and there is no risk of overdose or numbing your baby’s gag reflex. The sterile, single-use liquid doses are also free of any preservatives, belladonna-free, and helps to prevent any contamination.
- Natural Active ingredients: This teething medicine is made of natural ingredients such as Chamomilla 9C HPUS ( which is highly effective in relieving teething pain and irritation ), Phytolacca decandra 5C HPUS ( highly effective in relieving painful gums), and Rheum 5C HPUS ( Relieves minor digestive disorders)
- Preservative-free: These Camilia teething drops are free from any additives such as alcohol, flavors, dyes, lactose, artificial sweeteners
- Free from preservatives
- Do not react with other medicines.
- Contains natural active ingredients.
- Provides effective pain relief
- Always consult a doctor before administering such medicines. May cause the baby to sleep too much.
Kids Nighttime Oral Pain Relief Tablets by Hyland's 4Kids, Natural Relief of Toothache, Swelling Gums, and Oral Discomfort, 125 Count:
- Natural Ingredients: These pain relief medicines are made from natural active ingredients, which are derived from plant minerals and other organic sources.
- Non-reactionary: It is safe to say that there are no known side effects of this medicine as of now. These teething tablets can be easily consumed with other medicines, and can be given to individuals of all age groups, be it infants or elderly citizens without any fear of overdosing or misdosing
- Easy to administer: These teething tablets are very convenient when it comes to intake and are readily soluble, and do not require any water to dissolve. These tablets can get dissolved real quickly as soon as it enters your baby's mouth. You just need to put it under the baby's tongue and the tablet will dissolve in no time.
- Safe: These teething medicines do not contain any toxic ingredients, which may have any negative effects on your child’s health. Just to be on the safe side, maintain a 15 minutes gap before giving other medicines.
- Gets dissolved easily
- Do not react with other medicines.
- Approved by FDA and other drug regulatory authorities.
- Does not contain any toxic chemicals
- Not any.
Things to know before buying one:
The importance of purchasing credible teething tablets cannot be stressed enough. That being said, there is a large variety of teething tablets available out there in the market, and one might get confused when trying to buy the right teething tablets for his child. Following are some of the things which you must consider before buying a supplement for yourself.
- Always make sure that the teething tablets are made of natural active ingredients. Also, make sure that the tablets are readily soluble.
- You can also consult your doctor in this regard to find out what is best for you and what's not.
- Teething medicines are administered differently based on age, this is why consultation from the doctor is very important.
- Do thorough research on the manufacturing company, whose teething medicines you intend to buy . Also read what are the probiotics for antibiotics.
- Try to look out for reviews of the medicine you intend to buy. Make sure it enjoys a positive reputation in the market. You can do this easily by going through online reviews
- Also, consider the price factor. Some people may rule out the price factor when purchasing medicines, but this is not the right approach. Always make sure that you compare prices from different shops so that you may get the lowest price for that particular teething medicine
- Also, make sure that the medicines are non reactionary and do not react with other prescribed medicines. Even if they are non-reactionary, make sure you give 15 minutes gap between the intake of other medicines. many companies manufacture.
Read review of Nature wise Vitamin D3 and D. What is Vitamin D deficiency and how you can deal with it.
Having said all that, your baby's teething situation can turn out to be completely exhaustive at times and demoralizing too. On top of that, most of the teething medicines contain ingredients that are not approved by the FDA or any of the drug regulatory authorities. But the products listed above are other things to consume. That being said, always consult your pediatrician and avoid self-medication at all costs.
Also read about ways of growing hair, check the review of best biotin shampoos for hair growth.