You must have remembered the giant rope used to play tug of war. Well, if you are smart enough you can use it for your workout too. In fact, you just need a few minutes after your workout to get your cardio in, along with your muscle strengthening exercise. Here we have brought to you 5 battle rope exercises that you can use as post-workout for full-body muscle strength.
Jumping Power Slams
Jumping power slams is one of the most famous post-workout amongst battle rope exercises that can give you effective polymetric burn that will fatigue your muscle quickly. You can even add some weights or resistance band to your lower body that will turn up the benefits even more.
How to perform
- First, you need to stand feet shoulder width apart in quarter squat position
- Hold the rope ends in both hands and lowers the rope ends keeping your arms extended
- Tighten your core and belly and get lowers to full squat position. Then jump with full might by raising both hands in air also.
- When lands, you need to go to the squat position softly and forcefully slam the rope on to the ground
- Repeat it for 30 seconds and rest for 30 seconds. Do 3 sets at least
Squats to shoulder Press
These battle rope exercises will target your multiple muscles at the same time including shoulder, core, and lower body. This exercise uses the same muscles as the barbell athlete for thrust or clean jerk, this can be a lot beneficial for them too. Like most of the exercise, you need to focus on the body form while performing this muscle strengthening exercise. When you start to mismatched, then it’s time to take a break.
How to Perform
- First, you need to stand feet slightly wider than hip joints. Hold the rope on shoulders and make sure you are maintaining little slack in the rope itself
- Lowers your body down in perfect squat position holding rope on shoulder
- When you push your body to stand up, press the rope overhead and straighten your arms also
- Then without any break, lower the rope back to the shoulder position and get back to the squat position
- Repeat it for 10 to 20 reps and take break for 60 seconds. Do 3 sets
Alternating Wide Circle
Battle rope exercises are for those people who want to polish their muscle shape and prominent cuts on the body. This alternating wide circle emphasis on your whole back and grip strength. You need to make a circle as wide you can – using your legs. The more momentum you maintain in exercise, the more benefits you will get. Also if you make it slower, the rope might seem heavier that might hinders your exercise movements
How to perform
- You need to stand feet hip width apart and maintain the shallow squat position. Grip the rope ends in each hand and tighten your core and belly.
- Complete the circle by bringing your arms in front of your body
- Moving your arms independently and keep the momentum going on in circular motion
- Repeat the exercise for 30 seconds and rest for 30 seconds. Do 3 sets of this
Jack up your heart rate while targeting small muscles around the shoulder. You will definitely feel the soreness in your core and oblique. This exercise is beneficial and I will highly suggest to those who are interested in widens their shoulder and overall body width.
How to perform
- First, you need to place your feet hip width apart by holding each rope end in both hands. Bent your elbow by maintaining quarter squat position
- Jump and push your feet out. Bring your arms up and out to the sides while jump. Make sure your elbows and bent so you can lift the rope to the shoulder
- As you jump your feet back in position, slams the rope back down.
- Continue these battle rope exercises for 30 seconds and rest for 30 seconds. Do 3 sets
Alternative Jump Wave
If today is your arm day, and looking for something that will target your whole body slightly with solid coordination, then an alternative jump wave is the choice. This workout will target your shoulder, arms, and back, while the squatting will target your glutes and legs also.
How to perform
- Stand on your feet hip width apart and grasp each end of the rope in both hands. Place your both hands on side of your hips and get down to the squat position
- Use your full might to jump off the ground bu swinging the rope up and over your hips. Then land in soft way back into squat position
- Continue this jumping wave battle rope exercises for 30 seconds and rest for 30 seconds. Do 3 sets of this.