Waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush combines a sonic toothbrush with a water flosser in a single device. It's one-step oral hygiene, transformed into a one-step process and it is twice as effective as regular brushing and flossing in eliminating bad breath, plaque, gingival bleeding, and gingival inflammation. Let's do waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush review.
35 subjects utilized the Waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush for a randomized, controlled, parallel clinical trial, and 35 used regular brushing and flossing. Gum health was assessed at baseline, at two weeks, and at four weeks through the Modified Gingival Index. The results indicated that Waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush and toothpaste removed at least 99.9% of plaque from treated areas. It also removed 25% more stains than brushing alone and was as gentle as traditional toothpaste.
Due to poor dental hygiene, you can have a yellow tongue which is ultimately not good for your overall health. Adding a Waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush to your routine life may save you from spending money on buying various mouthwash dispensers and supplements to strengthen your teeth and gums.
Water flossing is more effective than string flossing because it doesn’t require a skilled technique to achieve results. Waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush provides and maintains complete oral hygiene. Sonic fusion toothbrush works like a detox thus removing unnecessary toxins from your mouth, which is why everyone should take this extra step for good oral health.
You might be wondering that when there is a variety of sonic fusion toothbrushes available in the market, why we are stressing on choosing Waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush for complete oral care? We have done intensive research and found Waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush as the ultimate package for all your oral health problems. Further details for choosing it will be revealed in the review.
Waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush review:
Waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush and water flosser with replacement heads make it easy to protect your gums and clean in-between your teeth. The sonic toothbrush gently and efficiently cleans your teeth and the built-in water flosser lets you do more to your tooth surface.
Brushing for just two minutes and flossing brush heads make it easy to remove dental plaque and help keep your teeth free of cavities. Switch the brush mode, start the timer, and fast-focus on removing up to 99.9% of plaque.
The included charging base consists of a 15-ounce reservoir that holds enough water to floss for more than 60 seconds, and it features integrated water flossing technology that makes it easy to clean between your teeth and below your gum line.
There are ten different pressure settings on the charging base you can select from, helping you customize the pressure level that suits you. Select the floss setting when you're done brushing, or brush and floss when you finish both at the same time.
Waterpik's sonic fusion toothbrush looks like a regular toothbrush at first, but it has a removable hose that feeds water up through the handle to one side of the brush head and out through a small tip.
With three modes, it can be turned between brush, floss, or brush and floss. When flossing, it uses water from the refillable water tank/reservoir. A pump inside of the unit then pushes that water out through the toothbrush head on the handle.
The Waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush is powered mainly by electricity, and you have to connect it to the power at all times to use it, whereas the toothbrush can be used without having to be connected to the power supply for regular tooth brushing due to its small built-in battery for regular brushing. It is not possible to use the water flosser or brush if the battery is really low or depleted. Even if the hose is connected for flossing, the brush handle should still have some charge.
Other features of the Waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush as claimed by the manufacturer are the following:
One Easy-to-Use Device: Sonic-Fusion by Waterpik combines the power of an advanced sonic electric toothbrush with the proven effectiveness of the Waterpik Water Flosser - in one convenient, easy-to-use device.
Simply push a button to switch from brushing, to flossing, to both.
Compact, Effective, Smart Solution: The sonic toothbrush thoroughly cleans the surfaces of the teeth, while the water flosser in the center of the brush head cleans between teeth and below the gumline where toothbrush bristles can't reach.
Three Modes: Brush, Floss, or Both: Sonic-Fusion is the simple, no-hassle oral care solution - at the push of a button switch from sonic brushing, to water flossing, to both.
Brush and Floss at the Same Time: Flossing technology is built into the brush head - allowing you to use one device for both brushing and flossing.
Clinically Proven: Sonic-Fusion is up to 2X as effective as traditional brushing and flossing for reducing plaque and improving gum health.
Brush on the Go: Simply push a button to detach the handle from the water hose for brushing your teeth on the go. Premium case included for travel.
If we try to sum up the features of the Waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush then we can say that it has the following features:
- Smart looking unit
- Sleek, all-in-one design
- Three modes: Brush, Floss, Brush + Floss
- Advanced water pressure control
- Two-minute brushing timer with a 30-second pacer
- LED recharge indicator rings around buttons
- Reservoir capacity of 60+ seconds
- 2 Water Flossing brush heads
- Premium toothbrush case
- Copper accents on the black model look smart
- An overall compact unit that doesn’t look out of place
- 14 ounce (414ml) reservoir
- 10 pressure settings ranging from 10 to 100 PSI
- Get 85-210 seconds of usage from the tank
- Detachable hose to handle
- Chunky brush handle
- Individual buttons for flossing and brushing
- Battery status/charge indicators
- One style of the 2x brush heads
- Built-in timer and pacer
- Automatic power off
- Travel case included
What’s inside the box of Waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush?
Waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush contains the following items:
- Two color-coded water flossing brush heads
- Brush head designed to reach back teeth at the correct angle for water flossing
- Two-minute brushing timer with a 30-second pacer
- Advanced water pressure control with 10 settings
- Rechargeable toothbrush and built-in charging base
- Toothbrush recharge indicator light
- Deluxe toothbrush travel case
How to use Waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush?
Using Waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush is really simple and easy. Here are several key steps to using Waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush:
The exact procedure is also dependent on whether you want to just brush the teeth, floss, or brush and floss. Let us say you want to brush and floss separately, not at the same time. To use the product for the first time, you will need to follow the instructions/quick-start guide in order to assemble and prime it, then you may follow these steps.
- Put lukewarm water into the tank/reservoir.
Note: The tank can be lifted out and replaced
- The hose can be attached or disconnected from the toothbrush handle (based on your preferences)
- Using the rotatable dial on the left of the unit, adjust the pressure of the water flossing.
- Make sure it is set low-pressure. This can also be adjusted during use.
- Add toothpaste to your brush head, then press the brush button.
- Brush your teeth for 2 minutes. Follow the built-in timer and pacer for guidance.
Note: You must remember to hold the brush head at a 45-degree angle to the teeth and gums.
- If you disconnected the hose earlier, reconnect it to the base of the handle.
- Place the brush head into the mouth and lean over the washbasin.
- The lips should be closed securely enough to prevent splashing while still allowing the water to flow from the mouth into the washbasin.
- Start flossing the teeth by pressing the floss button. Aim water at the gumline at a 90-degree angle and follow the gum line between teeth.
- If necessary, adjust the pressure by turning/rotating the dial.
- Press the floss button when finished and replace the handle with the base unit.
Pros of Using a Waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush:
- A water jet effectively cleans food deposits between the teeth, resulting in a fast and efficient method of cleaning.
- When deep pockets are formed between the gum and teeth, an oral irrigator is the best way to flush bacteria out, therefore; it is typically prescribed for patients with gum disease.
- The Waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush can be particularly beneficial for people with braces since the streamed water gets behind the metal wires to help flush out food particles.
- A Waterpik so delivers high-pressure water, so it works well for cleaning around implants, crowns, and bridges.
- A dental water jet is gentle on the gums, so it is less likely to cause pain and bleeding in individuals with sensitive teeth.
- Those with implants, crowns, braces and even diabetes have noticed significant benefits from Waterpik's sonic fusion toothbrush.
Cons of Using a Waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush:
- The cost for a Waterpik, including replacement heads, averages more than normal floss, and it is recommended that you replace the tips every 3-6 months
- At first, you may find it hard to use an oral irrigator because water sprays all over. Once you get the hang of it, however, you will use it more effectively.
If you are limited on space, need a soft brush head due to braces or another concern, and want to make flossing as convenient as possible, then Waterpik sonic fusion toothbrush may actually be ideal for you.
The Sonic-Fusion features one-handed mode control for simplified use with two buttons—one for brushing, one for flossing—for Brush, Floss, or Brush + Floss mode. Another button releases the toothbrush from the waterline. Also, the Sonic-Fusion’s water pressure control has 10 settings. It features a 2-minute brushing timer with a 30-second pacer as well.