This is a sleeping problem as you can say it is a sleeping disorder that occurs when a person stops breathing while sleeping. It happens when the brain is not getting that proper oxygen while sleep.
What is sleep apnea? This is a serious sleep problem that can affect sleep quality and damage the brain activity as well if the sleep is not properly taken the body and the brain is not active.
You can also know about 12 tips to stop snoring when you sleep in examining this disorder.
Types of sleep apnea
There are different types of sleep apnea that commonly occur when breathing starts or stops. It usually happens in the night’s sleep. Also, this happens when snoring in the night or feeling tired. Types of sleep apnea are:
- Central sleep apnea: occurs when your brain does not get proper oxygen and cannot delivers proper signals to the muscles that control breathing. To lose fat is very important to reduce the sleep apnea risk.you may know how long does it take to lose face fat for good airflow in the throat and exempt snoring.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: What is sleep paralysis? the most common problem that occurs when throat muscles relax. You may also use lung expansion machine before sleep.
- Complex sleep apnea: this occurs when both other types occur when sleeping and the breathing in the sleep. To be fit for reducing the risk the best posture corrector reviews will help you in this.
There are several symptoms of sleep apnea that may determine you about this problem includes:
- Morning Headache
- Loud snoring
- Episodes of stop breathing
- Difficulty paying attention while awake
- Frequent nighttime urination.
- Night sweats.
- Cognitive impairment
- Trouble concentrating
- Sexual dysfunction.
- Mood disturbances
- Sudden awakening and more
Causes of sleep apnea
This sleep apnea is caused by the blockage of breathing while sleeping it happens when the soft tissue of the rear throat collapses during sleep.
It is usually observed when the nervous system is dysfunctional with neuromuscular diseases. What is sleep apnea? It is also common in patients with heart failure, kidney, or lung disease. Some of the blockages are due to:
- Obesity: Being overweight may cause OSA and also increases the factor by about 60% and as weight increases, the risk of sleep apnea also increases.
- Smoking: People who smoke and especially those who are heavy smokers will have to face the sleep apnea at higher risk than people who don’t smoke.
- Family history: peoples who have close relatives with OSA are more likely to develop this disorder themselves.
- Nasal congestion: What is sleep disorder? One person who has nasal problems or difficulty in breathing while sleeping had a risk to face sleep apnea.
- Being male: More than the males; Females have less risk of sleep apnea because they likely take deep sleep and if also they have a thick neck which is due to weight and women who are overweight.
- Neck circumference: People who have their thick neck most likely womens has more chances of sleep apnea as they have difficulty in breathing while sleeping due to their sleep poses.
How is sleep apnea Diagnosed?
There are several reasons from which you can diagnose sleep apnea or may objectively evaluate it by your sleep study. What is sleep apnea? The sleep evaluation with your doctor or your observance may give you clues about this disorder. It includes:
- If testing from trained doctors or technologists they may keep you under sleep at night and will observe every body movement like eye movement heart rate muscles activity and breathing patterns also oxygen level to calculate the sleep apnea risk.
- For adults, it is observed in home-like their sleep comfort their body function and movement with breathing, blood oxygen levels and then observing the sleep apnea.
- The person who is having episodes of choking, gasping during sleep is the possibility of sleep apnea.
- High blood pressure is also one major reason for this disorder. You can also measure the oxygen level in your blood with the digital zacurate calculating tool.
Sleep apnea Treatments
The treatments are kinda different for cases according to the types, like if it is a very rare or mild or heavy risk of sleep apnea.
So it is treated accordingly due to the doctor’s recommendation. What is sleep disorder?There are some medications and therapies that help to reduce this disorder and make sleep better.
- Overweight persons may reduce their weight to reduce the risk of sleep apnea.
- Avoid alcohol and sleeping pills which make the airway collapse during sleep and apneic periods.
- Some people are not likely to pillows so they may avoid taking them and use a wedge pillow or other devices for better sleep position.
- People with nasal congestion or sinus problems may use nasal sprays breathing strips to reduce snoring and improve airflow for comfortable breathing while sleep at night.
- The Bi-level PAP is the pressure that gives during inhalation and usually, that must be tried first with no success and results documented before insurance for bi-level.
- The adaptive ventilation is used for the central sleep apnea for airways to open and delivers breath.
- Surgical treatment and non-surgical treatments can be used to treat this disorder dor proper airways and surgically reposition bone or soft tissue.
Effects of sleep apnea
If this disorder is left untreated then it may result in different health problems like hypertension, stroke, cardio arrest heart failure, diabetes, obesity, and others.
What is sleep apnea? It can also cause oxygen lowering and changes carbon dioxide levels. It may take direct effects on the chest and increase levels of inflammation.
Sleep apnea is a disorder that may take your health to risky problems and for that, you may consult a doctor to go for therapies and treat it on time.
You may give some information to help reduce the risk of sleep apnea. You can also observe your sleep and schedule it accordingly.
How serious is sleep apnea?
What happens when you have sleep apnea?
This happens when your brain is not functioning of the lack of oxygen and it may snore choke or the gasp for air. That is actually very risky while sleeping. The disruption of sleep may also affect your health in a bad way.